SEATING IS LIMITED FOR THIS EVENT - REGISTER SOON!
It takes experience and practice to understand the depth and breadth of highly effective improvement practices and to learn to see what is happening beneath the surface. This 2-day workshop is intended to improve people's capabilities using any improvement methodology to assess enterprise excellence more effectively. Participants will be challenged to see through the AME Pathway to Excellence lens using the AME Lean Sensei® assessment tool. We will look at an assessor case study of a company with highly effective improvement practices followed by two real-world 'go and see’ activities where assessment teams practice assessing at a host facility. Participants will be coached by seasoned examiners on how to see and gauge an organization’s improvement practices. The workshop increases participants’ abilities to move an organization forward on a Pathway to Excellence.
Crown is one of the world’s largest material handling companies with a reputation for award-winning product design, advanced engineering and technology, and superior after-sale service. Crown’s business philosophy utilizes vertically integrated processes to design, manufacture and distribute forward-thinking, innovative solutions that improve customers’ productivity and operating efficiency. Crown produces a broad range of forklifts and automation and fleet management technologies. To learn more about Crown’s ideas for helping customers advance the productivity of their operations, visit www.crown.com.
Michael Bremer serves on the AME Management Team as the vice president of awards. He is the retired president of the Cumberland Group, a consulting organization established in 1991 to coach companies on effective improvement practices. He is also a past national board member of AME and the author of several books on performance improvement, including “How to Do a Gemba Walk,” a Shingo Research & Professional Publication Award recipient. Bremer leads AME’s Excellence Award Council and was a 2019 Mac McCulloch Lifetime Achievement Award recipient.
Day 1 - Tuesday, September 12, 2023
- Welcome and introductions
- Introduction to AME Pathway Toward Excellence
- Overview of AME Lean Sensei (self assessment) tool
- Roles, responsibilities, and standard work for assessors
- Importance of asking good questions
- Control Innovations case study: Hands-on practice assessing using applicant documents
- Host site tour to prepare for Gemba assessment walks
Day 2 - Wednesday, September 13, 2023
- Conducting an effective site assessment
- Tips for going to Gemba
- Asking the right questions: role playing
- Developing a valuable feedback report
- Host site overview as it relates to Gemba activities
- Hands-on practice: "go and see" #1
- Hands-on practice: "go and see" #2
- Verbal feedback to the host site
Upon completion of this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- More deeply articulate what excellent improvement practices look like
- Have more confidence in their assessment skills and capabilities
- Give more actionable feedback based on a Pathway to Excellence assessment
- Use the AME Lean Sensei® self-assessment instrument
- Use AME Excellence Award criteria to elevate improvement practices in any organization
- Leverage the Pathway to Excellence framework to elevate improvement practices
- Any C-level executive
- Global improvement coordinators for lean activities
- Individuals interested in improving their ability to assess an organization’s current state and determine appropriate next steps on the Pathway to Excellence
We strive to host events that are inclusive and accessible to everyone to fully participate and engage. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
If you are not already a member of AME, we invite you to join at this time. Membership benefits include complimentary and discounted event registrations throughout the entire year. To learn more about membership benefits, please visit here.
By registering for this event, I hereby acknowledge and agree that AME or its agents may take photographs of me during events and may use those photographs for AME’s purposes, including but not limited to news and promotional purposes, without further compensation to me.
Cancelation Policy: This event may be canceled by AME for any reason. AME is not responsible for incidental costs incurred by registrants. For paid events, registration fee less a $20 administration fee will be refunded up to one week before the event. Substitutions may be made up to three days prior to the start of the workshop.